The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to be 'fuming' over Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan Markle's return to the U.K., according to reports.

Meghan Markle is no longer being considered for a role in Guy Ritchie’s "The Gentlemen," according to royal biographer Tina Brown.

"I learned this morning that the casting of Meghan Markle in season 3 of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series ‘The Gentlemen’ has been withdrawn," Brown, who is the former editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair and the New Yorker, wrote Saturday on her "Fresh Hell" Substack, The Hollywood Reporter reported. "The backlash in the UK was so intense, it became untenable to go forward. This does not bode well for Meghan’s acting comeback in the UK."

Brown is also a best-selling author of 2007’s "The Diana Chronicles," and 2022's "The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor – the Truth and the Turmoil."

MEGHAN MARKLE'S 'MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA' CONTROVERSY MAY BE EXACTLY THE POINT: EXPERTS

Meghan Markle is reportedly no longer being considered for a role in Guy Ritchie’s "The Gentlemen." (Getty Images for TIME)

It was reported on Friday that Markle was in early talks to join the yet-to-be-announced third season of Guy Ritchie’s British action-comedy Netflix series.

A part in the series would have been Markle’s first turn at acting since she married Prince Harry and joined the royal family in 2018.

PRINCE HARRY, MEGHAN MARKLE’S HOLLYWOOD DREAMS HIT WALL AS EXPERT WARNS OF ‘TOXIC BRAND’ STIGMA

After stepping back from royal duties in 2020, the duchess pursued a range of projects spanning streaming, podcasting, lifestyle ventures and philanthropy.

Markle hasn't acted since she left "Suits" in 2018. (Getty Images)

Royal broadcaster Ian Pelham Turner told Fox News Digital on Friday that renewed attention to Markle’s acting career and the couple’s charitable efforts could "put William and Kate into a media shade which will not go down well with them and, in reality, increase the difficulties with the warring brothers."

PRINCE HARRY, MEGHAN MARKLE’S UK MOVE PUTS FRESH SPOTLIGHT ON THEIR EXPLOSIVE CLAIMS AGAINST ROYAL FAMILY

The news that Markle was considering a return to acting came after it was revealed that she and Harry were planning to move their family back to England by the end of the month.

LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to move back to England. (Getty Images)

The couple signed a deal with Netflix for multiple projects when they left England in 2020 and settled in California.

MEGHAN MARKLE'S SHOW EMMY NOMINATION 'SOMEWHAT BAFFLING' DUE TO LACKLUSTER RATINGS: EXPERT

The deal included their successful 2022 docuseries "Harry & Meghan" in which they criticized palace life.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Meghan Markle quit acting before she married Prince Harry in 2018. (AFP via Getty Images)

Last year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed a new "first-look" agreement with Netflix, which was widely considered a downgrade from the original deal.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Fox News Digital reached out to Archewell and Brown for comment.

Fox News' Stephanie Nolasco, Ashley Papa and Lauryn Overhultz contributed to this report.

Brie Stimson is a Los Angeles-based entertainment and breaking news writer for Fox News Digital. 

Get a daily look at the top news in music, movies, television and more in the entertainment industry.

By entering your email and clicking the Subscribe button, you agree to the Fox News 
        Privacy Policy
       and 
        Terms of Use
      , and
      agree to receive content and promotional communications from Fox News. You understand that you can
      opt-out at any time.

Subscribed

You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter!